Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Omni D Model 546 vs Delta 580?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Omni D Model 546 vs Delta 580?
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
I don't have an Omni D but do have a 580 Delta. One thing
that the 580 can do that the Omni D (non series C) can't is
17M. Though you can run the Omni D series C on 17M you really
don't want to. The reasons discussed many times here on the
reflector. One of the big downfalls of the 580 though is the
lack of an RF gain control. On a noisy band you really do
miss it. If you can swing it I'd go for a Corsair instead. It
is a better radio all around. Design wise it is sort of a
combination of the the Omni D and 580.

Duane
N9DG