Re: [TenTec] Non-digital Ten-Tec transceivers

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Non-digital Ten-Tec transceivers
From: Ed <w3nr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:26:44 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:
>>  Omni-A.
>> I did the CW mod as suggested by Steve N4LQ and the improvement was
>> remarkable.
> What does this mod do? Is it a mod to an audio or RF stage? What is the
> problem without the mod?
>
> DE N6KB

Ken, here is a reference Steve made on another subject but included this
blurb also.

 >A reminder about the audio mod I posted several months ago. This really
 >peaks up the af
 >response for cw and only one resistor is required. Simply put a 1meg
 >resistor between pin 2
 >of the AF power amp (input) and the negative lead of C11.

This is from May,2000 so the original posting shouldn't be too hard to
find. It truly picks up the audio response and seems to enhance the CW
note. Its hard to explain, but works wonders in practice. It doesn't
work for the Omni C as it introduces digital whine in the receiver.

Ed W3NR