Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: jfriend31@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:51:12 +0000
Keith, i have been using LOGic8 with my Orions since Dennis made it available.
i am convinced the problem with lag is due to serial ports. LOGic8 reads both
radios well but with both turned on the delay is untolerable. if i turn one of
the radios off LOGic8 speeds up to almost right on the money. however i must
click on the Freq window in LOGic8 to have the exact frequency entered
properly.

i also use MixW with LOGic8. MixW reports the frequency to LOGic8. i can find
NO way to turn that part of MixW off.

if you find a solution to your challenges please let me know. i am going to try
using a USB to Serial adapter and see if that works and eliminates the lag.

jack ak7o

From: ac9s@mchsi.com