Re: [TenTec] Centaur cooling mod for lower noise?

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur cooling mod for lower noise?
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:29:11 -0700
Another "solution" if you wear headphones is to try a set of noise
canceling ones.  I've not tried the Heil cans, but have used the
Noisebuster FX and Solitude as well as a Sennheiser HD 280 passive
set.  The former at $69 work the best with the Centaur and are very
comfortable. My daughter, a musician, now has my HD 280's and I wear
the Solitudes when I'm cutting the grass!!  That's not to say that
the more expensive Solitudes and Sennheisers wouldn't work best at
what they seem designed for, airplane travel.

I also bent the intake louvers to the horizontal plane which seemed
to reduce the "howl."   So, I wear the Noisebusters all the time and
when I crank up the Centaur, I just flip a switch on the headphones.

Gary W7TEA