[TenTec] OMNI VI - Binding of main tuning knob (not adragadjustment issu

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI - Binding of main tuning knob (not adragadjustment issue)
From: "Robert Dwiggins II" <robert.dwiggins@alumni.utexas.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:19:38 -0500
Hi,

I sent my Omni VI/Opt 3 back to TT last summer for a general tune-up and
because it had also quit transmitting and receiving.  All the issues were
fairly minor, but one of the things they did was to replace the rotary
encoder unit on the VFO.  Since the encoder seemed to be working fine when I
sent the rig in, I suspect they figured replacing it was good preventative
maintenance, which would lead me to believe that the encoder must be subject
to normal wear and tear.  They also replaced the AF/RF gain concentric pot,
which was getting intermittent, also probably due to wear and age.  And they
installed the TXCO mod.  That mod alone was worth the price of the repair.
It's much more stable now on PSK than it was with the old crystal oven.

Good luck and 73,

Bob NE5RD