Re: [TenTec] repairs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:09:13 -0700
Been there, had that happen. My Omni VI Plus keep blowing up the finals
and/or final drivers when I was using recommended Airpax breakers in
conjunction with my homebrew stations power supply and battery backup.
Under some cirumstances, the rig would attempt to draw far more current than
the finals would tolerate.
Since I procured matching TT power supplies, ( I also have a Paragon II) I
have had no further problems with blown finals.
If there is any slight indication of over current draw from the TT 961 power
supplies, they shut down immedately...far faster than the Airpax's can
react.