Re: [TenTec] AirPax Purchase

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AirPax Purchase
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:54:44 -0500
On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 13:44 -0700, Ron Castro wrote:
> I found this on the Internet---Airpax breakers for $1.50!  I wonder if it's
> a misprint.  Check item #G.
>
> http://www.solarseller.com/dc_circuit_breaker_breakers_rated_up_to_80_volts.htm
>

> Ron N6AHA

Buy a bucket of them! Its larger than the approved TenTec item but seems
to have the same characteristics from looking at the Airpax
specification shown at:
http://www.pocosales.com/ProductSpecifications/ProductSpecifications.pl?Manufacturer=Airpax&Frame=SpecType&Series=IAL-IUL-IEL

Cheaper than fuses and fuse holders. Is fast DC, 20 amps. Now I've not
dug deep enough to see if the specified fast DC and this DC have the
same speed or not.

> >         We need an Air Pax T11-1-20.0A-01-11C-V and the
> > website to order is:
> >
> > http://www.pocosales.com/Airpax.htm
> >
> >         Are you willing to be the broker?
> >
> >                                         73, Bill  W4ZV

Note that some of the portions of this part number are for mounting
hardware and handle color and there could be more than half a dozen
useful variations. You can find those variations on the pocosales web
page too.

Shipping of one or two may be significant. My order for 20 (for my own
use in DC power distribution) cost $9.95 to ship.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,