Re: [TenTec] How handle DUST?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How handle DUST?
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:46:59 -0400
To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 6:41 PM

Thank you all for responding with some really great methods of handling the dust!

We live in the country, with lots of open fields, row crop, and tractoring.
I am "blessed" by a "tractor fanatic" who plows the adjacent upwind orchard
every week, whether it needs it or not, that no doubt contributes to our
dust level! I just hated the thought of ruining the cover or Orion screen
with some "cleaner" or scraping the dust across the surface of the cabinet.

This evening, my wife (KB6TTC) and I are going to review all the Emails you
all have sent and decide on which methods will work best for us, then she'll
get the materials, and I (not her) will dust away. BTW, we have central air
with a high-voltage dust buster built in (due to my allergies), but my wife
says she's going to bring the HEPA-filter out of storage in the barn and
hook it up in the shack and see if that helps.

Thanks for sharing your dust-busting secrets, made all the more precious by
the black cabinets on the recent Ten Tec gear! You're a great group!

73 & God Bless,

Greg, N6GK