Re: [TenTec] What version?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What version?
From: "J.Reed" <jhreed@chilitech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:11:15 -0400
  From: Ralph Matheny
  To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
  Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:05

  I use the 1.372.  It is because of user comments that I didn't upgrade.
  I firmly believe that either version will work quite well, but the changes
  which were made in the V2 firmware seem to require one to re-learn the
  radio.  I do suffer some crashes with the version I am running.  I just
  could not see that there was enough advantage to the V2 to justify the
  connection of the computer to the radio!

  I'd really like to have a V1 firmware that does not crash, hangup on
  power adjust at times, and hang up the XIT/RIT functions every once in
  a while.

  Still--it's a great radio.  Just a work in progress, and the progress
  seems slow at times.

  Ralph Matheny
  K8RYU
  207 Gibbons Place