Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worthit? Giventhepublished problems?

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worthit? Giventhepublished problems?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:49:15 -0500
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 20:11 -0700, Ron Castro wrote:
> The ALC action in the Orions is not meant to be user adjustable.  Not that
> there isn't an adjustment, and if there is, I suspect it would be found in
> the A5 section, schematic 81911_2 which is available on the RF Squared web
> site.  R179 is a power-set control, and R19 is unlabeled, but may effect the
> ALC operation.
>
> Ron N6AHA

It appears to be the power output setting. Actually sets ALC level. Then there
is a
mic gain setting. That can set how hard the ALC is tripped. Is there a
CW gain setting on the computer options? That can set how hard the ALC
is hit and could maybe be set low enough to not let the ALC change the
rise time.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,