Re: [TenTec] Anyone using TT-1775 mini-dipole?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone using TT-1775 mini-dipole?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:42:48 -0500
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 00:22 -0600, W.D. (Doc) Lindsey wrote:
> Gang:
> Can anyone please give me your impressions of the MFJ 1775 rotary
> mini-dipole?  I am intrigued by its 6-band coverage, small overall
> dimensions, and light weight.  As a QRPer I know there is no "free
> lunch"--doubtless this antenna would be a compromise on most bands,
> particularly 30 and 40.  But OTOH, it just may be what I need at this QTH.
> Anyway back to the main question = What is *your* experience with this
> antenna?  Thanks in advance.
> 73,
> --Doc/K0EVZ
Handicap on top of handicap. But less of a handicap than no antenna at
all. Personally, I prefer the longest wire convenient to erect center
fed with a high impedance balanced line and a versatile tuner. E.g. wire
that reaches from support to support no matter the distance between the
supports though an inverted V configuration with one support also works.
Its easiest to tune with a 300 or 450 ohm feed line than with coax,
though it is possible with some tuners to tune through coax.
73, Jerry, K0CQ,

TenTec mailing list