Re: [TenTec] Modifying Centaur air intake to reduce air noise?

To: <kg6tt@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modifying Centaur air intake to reduce air noise?
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:16:01 -0400
You can cut out the louvers themselves on the air intake.  This does reduce
the fan noise some.  I did that and also added a 100 ohm resistor in series
with the fan motor to slow it down some.  This worked well and still
provided adequate cooling.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain