[TenTec] Omni 6+ v. Corsair

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ v. Corsair
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:29:32 -0400
Please pardon me if this is an "apples and oranges" question, but, how
would you compare the Corsair with the Omni 6+ in operation?  Is there a
significant difference in performance?

I have a Corsair and am generally very happy with it.  In fact, the only
significant complaint I have is about its instability before warm up
(though, as PTO solid state rigs go, it's certainly better than my Drake
TR-7 was).  I do like to run digital modes, so I'm guessing the Omni
might be better suited to that, too.  I'm just wondering if the extra
bucks invested in the Omni 6+ would buy me a significant step up?

My Pegasus will stay, by the way.  I consider it nothing more nor less
than the coolest computer peripheral ever.

73,

Craig
W3CRR