Re: [TenTec] "Being a Contrarian . . ."

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "Being a Contrarian . . ."
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:43:43 -0500
Toby wrote:

>I agree with the reviewer that the sweep is next to useless.  Compared to
>the competition it is very rudimentary and ineffective.  The reviewer is
>accurate in stating the advertising by Ten Tec from way back says there is
>real time scope in the Orion.  This real time functionality has never been
>fully realized,  especially when comparing the Orion scope to the

I'm not sure what your comparison point is, but I was looking at a friend's
ProIII last weekend, and a scope that sweeps twice a second is far less
"real time" than what my slow "original" Orion's scope shows.  And the Orion
II is faster than mine is.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA

TenTec mailing list