Re: [TenTec] Description of new Omni-VII from Ten-Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Description of new Omni-VII from Ten-Tec
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:22:30 -0400
"All we need is for someone to create and administer a 'virtual' HF
spectrum on the web..."

Echolink!

Actually, I sometimes control my Pegasus remotely from my office ten
miles away using Internet linking software.  All we need to do is locate
our radios in remote locations away from BPL-equipped power lines and
access them via the Internet.

Or -- use the new Ten Ten Omni VII GUI to play pre-recorded WAV files of
contest stations, favorite ragchewers, old ham buddies, etc. (This could
work -- try FlexRadio's SDR-1000 demo program to see how).  Ten Tec
could even sell CDs or DVDs of  "virtual pileups" in game form for
contesters.

Every problem has a solution.

73,

Craig