[TenTec] Can't Take It Anymore

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Can't Take It Anymore
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:31:55 -0400
Rich, N7MBX wrote...........

The constant harangue on this reflector is deafening...and now there's ragging
on a radio that hasn't even hit the market

This is indeed very curious,  as I have been reading the same posts and from my
perspective don't see the ragging or criticism that you do. There have been
some posts about the red dot vs. the black dot and other silly things like
that,  but I have not read any serious post criticising the Omni 7.

In fact most are anxiously awaiting more information on the specs of this rig
in order to determine whether a future purchase is in their future.

Most comments lately about the O2 have to do with the ARRL review.  Even with
the comments about this most are only expounding on the shortcomings the ARRL
reviewer has picked up in his report.  Since you paid a lot of money for the O2
it is only natural that you are disturbed by these negative comments and
shortcomings of the rig you now own.

In reality,  I believe this may be the source of your frustration and not just
the off handed remarks offered here on this reflector.  The truth sometimes can
hurt.  But I am hopeful that your rig will be fixed of any shortcomings and
bugs that recentlly have been the source of a lot of controversary.

Toby  W4CAK