[TenTec] Subject: Re: can't/won't take it anymore, yep, he has it

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Subject: Re: can't/won't take it anymore, yep, he has it
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:34:24 -0700
"I'm really, really glad I bought my O2 before I discovered this reflector...I
would have missed out on a great rig....The constant harangue on this reflector
is deafening...and now there's ragging on a radio that hasn't even hit the
market... I've hung on to this reflector for endless months hoping to glean
useful information and ideas I could apply to my TT radio experiences but
because of the QRN and QRM of endless reflector emails at QRO which is littered
with personal insults, whining, and useless chatter I've turned this reflector
off..." Rich, n7mbx

Thank you Rich. Even in Digest Mode this reflector babbles on and on. I only
hang on for the rare bit of actual useful info that occasionally surfaces
regarding the 'other' Ten-Tec radios. Last night I came back from a business
trip to the news of the soon to be released Omni-VII. Sad to say my first
thought was "now maybe the hordes will have something else to chew on and the
real Orion users will come to the top..."

I too come here for tips and techniques, but almost always go away merely
shaking my head in disappointment. This reflector's noise had a great impact on
my tow year delay in buying an Orion. Fortunately I finally did. I hope that in
months to come those seriously contemplating an Omni-VII purchase simply turn
off this reflector NOW and take advantage of Ten-Tec's 30 day trial plan to see
for themselves.

Oh lastly, as there are actual "Orion" specific groups/reflectors available
can't we discipline ourselves to nitpick the Orion series there and leave this
reflector to those enjoying their assortment of other fine Ten-Tec gear?

Jerry, KG6TT
Fairfield, CA