Re: [TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"?
From: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 06:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
I think I know what it was: when the band noise is
high enough for it AGC normally (as in, S meter sits
at say S3), the noise is very loud until the AGC
reduces gain.  Takes time for an audio derived AGC to
"catch up".

I can say this, as listening this morning doesn't have
the thump.  So that's my guess.

Shawn KB1CKT

--- "D. Kemp" <nn8b@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I also use an Argosy. I don't have a thump on CW,
> but
> it does thump on AGC action, actually it pops. So
> when
> using headphones its amplified a lot.
>
> Argosy's receiver is very good. It's a quiet analog
> receiver that does not have all the phase noise of
> the
> newer ditital ones of today. I like the quiet noise
> floor. It's my favorite CW rig.
>
> 73,
>
> Don, NN8B

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT