Re: [TenTec] WTB: 307G SPEAKER

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: 307G SPEAKER
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:51:22 -1000
Hi Ralph,

I'm not so sure that the 307G speaker really does match the Omni VI.
When I look at the Ten-Tec web site picture of the 307 I see it has
round corners. If you want a speaker that really matches the design (not
just the color) of the Omni VI, I think you want a 960, 961 or 962 power
supply. I suspect that the 307 may have a larger speaker, and sound
better. However the cosmetic match of the 960 series power supplies is
much better. Check out http://www.qsl.net/tentec/ for a picture of the
960 power supplies. It appears these photos aren't exactly correct, the
960 power supply I once owned had a larger power switch which was not an
exact match to the power switch on the Omni VI. The 961 and 961 have
power switches which are identical to the switch on the Omni VI.

N6KB