Re: [TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"
From: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
That's what I was starting to think, it was to do with
the speed at which the audio derived AGC could
respond.  Lately, as I play on 80m, I've been
wondering what I could do, perhaps disable AGC and
change the pot from volume to IF gain instead, that
way I could run just the right amount of gain so as to
lower band noise and make for more pleasurable
listening.

BUT

Used it last night, and the feller I was talking to
disappeared.  Have a sked on Wensday nights, and was
told that I was drifting around!  Changed rigs and was
fine on that, and he was plenty louder too.  Not sure
why, not yet at least: I do have a digital readout,
seperate from the rig, and it did not indicate drift.
Doesn't bode well...

Just when I was thinking I have my CW rig (no
chattering QSK relay!), I find I have bigger problems
than noise.

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT