Re: [TenTec] Orion no Tx, no main Rx

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion no Tx, no main Rx
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:38:09 -0400
Hank,

Warranty is long over!  I appreciate all the friendly suggestions.  It
may be time to flip the firmware.  I don't see how my symptoms could be
firmware, since resetting with the "battery reset" and user memory
reset, etc. should restore everything to initial conditions... Or so
you'd think.

I can tolerate 2.05x for the most part, and it does have some
advantages.  The problem that bothers me is that the v2 SP really does
not work correctly - does not increase talk power as it should.  I might
try it just to see if it fixes my current trouble, but then I might
revert to 1.371 or 1.372.

73 Martin AA6E