Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Diff between 1.372 and 1.373b5

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Diff between 1.372 and 1.373b5
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:21:15 -0400
1.371.b1 through 1.373b3 essentially took care of two obvious problems when
on cw using version 1.372, but created another problem.

In version 1.372 on cw there were noise bursts which would occur when
turning the BW encoder and they were deafening if you were using headphones.
Also, there were dead spots as you would turn the BW encoder with no signal.
Turning the BW encoder past the dead spot would bring the receive back to
normal.

Esentially,  by the time 1.373b3 was sent out these two problems had been
fixed.  But that is when we discovered another newly created problem with
receiver crashing.  Again in cw mode,  if you turned the BW encoder and had
the sweep running the receiver would crash eventually. The obvious
workaround was not to run the sweep.

This problem was never solved and exists in 1.373b5 also.   Toby   W4CAK