[TenTec] Blue screen of death 2.059 - continued

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion565@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TenTec] Blue screen of death 2.059 - continued
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:27:17 EDT
I downloaded 2.059 again this morning and reinstalled it in my Orion I with
the ver2 hardware mod.  This was the third or fourth time I have downloaded
and installed 2.059

I operated a few hours without any crashes and was going to  assume there was
something corrupted in the earlier downloads and/or  installations.

The NR still sounds awful on CW - even at very low settings.  It  sounds like
a DSP speaker does when you listen to CW.  Like it is trying to  notch out
the carrier.  The result is a fuzzy raspy sounding CW note.

To check it out further, I hit the AN button on then off to see what it
sounded like on a CW note. Then I turned on the NR to see how it  sounded.
Woops
- just had my first blue screen on death for  today.  The screen went blank
although I can hear the receiver.   Turned radio off and then on and now it is
completely dead.  A Master Reset  does not fix it.

Looks like I will be reinstalling again.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA