Re: [TenTec] Audio Outputs Different V2.059 ?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio Outputs Different V2.059 ?
From: "R. Brent Zook" <brent.zook@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:00:56 -0400
I heard about the new software for the Orion I while working the TN qso
party.  Heard an exchange where one station turned on and off his speech
processor.

While I thought his audio sounded great and natural without processing,
it was weak to the station he was in qso with.  The processed audio was
very intelligible but not good sounding to my ears, yet the other
station told him it sounded great.

Later yesterday evening, after installing the new software on my Orion,
I was told under weak-signal conditions to LEAVE MY PROCESSOR ON.

Conclusion -- it may not sound as good, but it gets the job done.  By
the way, I ran it at level "2".
--Brent N9HZ