Re: [TenTec] [orion565] 2.059d: CW audio distortion in rightheadphone

To: <orion565@yahoogroups.com>,"'Ten Tec Reflector'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [orion565] 2.059d: CW audio distortion in rightheadphone
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:07:08 -0500
> In 2.059d, there's a distinct clicking in the right headphone
> on received audio peaks in CW mode. This is true for both
> received signals and noise.

I actually get a bit of "fuzz" on one side.  I just noticed it on the new
v2.  My right side may not be your right side, since I have to put the BinRX
high pitch side on the right ear.  And you're correct that it is NOT a
function of AGC setting, hang times or other work arounds -- it's just fuzz.
This seems to be a v2 issue only, and not an Orion II issue.

As an interesting observation, "left" and "right" or the "high pitch" and
"low pitch" sides are reversed on the v2 and Orion II releases for BinRX
(although they are the same for primary audio assignments).  I have to shift
the headphones when moving between the two radios if BinRX is turned on.

Grant/NQ5T