Re: [TenTec] Orion II Corrupted Display

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Corrupted Display
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:57:51 -0600
I'm running version 3.037j on the ORION II.  When I follow the sequence as
listed below I get 5 or 6 small white lines on the display around the SP
value portion of the screen.  Minor corruption but visible, then the
controls are hung up until I hit the VFOB Enter button again and then the
display of "frequency not supported" flashes on screen and the radio returns
to normal operation.  The little display glitch remains until the radio is
restarted.  This problem seems almost irrelevant in the use of the radio.
But, an effective work around to this is too hit the 0 button twice and then
hit VFOB Enter button again, or just fill the line with zeros and the thing
will kick back for you.  ROFL
Ron
KA7U