[TenTec] Orion II 2.037j NB glitch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II 2.037j NB glitch
From: "Robert Redmon" <k5sm@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:00:24 -0500
FWIW

I just noticed that I can no longer switch between software and hardware
noise blankers by holding the NB button.  Have to go to RX menu to turn HW
NB on or off.

Also, I have headset only "popping" or "clicking" keying artifacts that I
never had with 2.032 or 2.034 (on all bands). On 10 meters the sidetone is
accompanied by a (near 60 hz) hum that was never there before.  No changes
other than firmware.  Oh...my spot and side tone volumes are very
different...before they were the same.

I like the agc changes, but (contrary to many on the list) I find the NR no
better and these new glitches are very, very annoying.

Probably ought to go back to .034 and pretend I am happy.

I have forwarded these concerns to ditsnbits.

73,  Bob   K5SM