[TenTec] Paragon troubleshooting question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon troubleshooting question
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:34:46 -0400
I've got a nice Paragon that I traded for recently. Receive is great, but
when transmitting (CW) I get a heavy buzz in the sidetone that sounds just
like poor PS filtertration.  However, hooked to the same PS is my Omni VI
which , at the same power level, sounds T9.  Not only is the sidetone on
the Para raspy, but the transmitted signal is as well. Thought it possible
that the power cables/connector might be faulty/inadequate, but swapping
with the Omni made no difference.

When reducing the power out, I get the same issue. All regardless of
antenna, dummy load, etc.   It's definately power out related. PS is a
50amp Astron with brand new  0.1 farad filter cap fed through TT specified
magnetic breaker.

Reducing the power to ~50 watts out eliminates the problem. Sounds 60cycle.

Ideas where to check next?

Thanks everyone

John K5MO