Re: [TenTec] Identifying Filter Boards

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Identifying Filter Boards
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:59:17 -1000
Hi JT and group,

Others have already answered your question better than I can. I have
added the information to my list of Ten-Tec crystal filter stock number
and part numbers. Someday my list may be helpful to someone who has a
"mystery" filter.

It appears, from the data I have collected, that there are about three
different kinds of numbers used on Ten-Tec crystal filters, not
including the printed circuit board number. There is the model number,
which we are all familiar with, that is a three digit number beginning
with 2. There is a five digit stock number, which always begins with 48.
And there are also some four digit numbers.

I am interested in collecting more of this data, so that it can help
others figure out what an unknown filter may be. When you happen to get
a look at your filters, please note all the numbers on them, and the
number of crystals and the IF frequency they are used at. Send me the
data, and I'll update my list.

List follows:

Model/Stock/ BW / IF Freq / Poles/ Other numbers

216 / 48161 / 500 / 9.002210 / 6
217 / 48036 / 500 / 9.000750 / 8
218 / 48037 / 1800 / 9.00150 / 8
219 / 48055 / 250 / 9.000750 / 6 / 8047 / 6840
220 / 48058 / 2400 / 9.00150 / 8 / 8307 / 6840
221 / 48243 / 250 / 9.000500 / 6
282 / 48054 / 250 / 6.299250 / 8
285 / 48053 / 500 / 6.299250 / 8
288 / 48075 / 1800 / 6.300 / 8
unk / 48127 / 6000 / 9 / ?
unk / 48074 / 2400 / 6.3 / 8
unk / unknown  / SSB / 9 / 4 / 8233 (could this be stock 48233?)

DE N6KB