[TenTec] Hercules II battery arrangement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II battery arrangement
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:45:36 EDT
I have spend about a week milling thru the Ten Tec Archives reading the
posts regarding running the Hercules II on battery power. I have read the wide
range of suggestions from a couple of 6v golf cart batteries in series to using

100 Ah deep cycle battery with recommendations for leaving charger attached
or  turning it off during operation. One large battery or two smaller capacity
batteries in parallel?

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW is what is the preferred best method (good
engineering) for using battery power providing make and model of battery and
charger. Is something like the A&A Smart Charger a good choice for this  setup?
Or a
standard RV charger?
_http://www.a-aengineering.com/home.htm_
(http://www.a-aengineering.com/home.htm)

My Hercules is a few weeks off before delivery so I am not privy to any
information that may be in the manual but I am sure it would not be specific
other than the battery rating.

I would appreciate your feedback and any sketches for your system if
necessary. I do know about the use of an acid proof battery case and it will be
 in a
well ventilated location

Thank you

Alan  KB7MBI