Re: [TenTec] Announcing N4PY Paragon Chip now available

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Announcing N4PY Paragon Chip now available
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:07:03 -0400
My chip adds computer control for logging programs.  The chip makes the
paragon emulate the Icom 735 so any logging program that works with the Icom
735 will then work with the paragon.  I also add some neat things such as
quick split.  If a DX station suddenly announces he is listening up 5, all
you do is hit the up arrow and the 5 key.  This causes VFO B to be set to
VFO A plus 5 khz and turns on split all in one operation.

Also, my band stacking registers each hold 2 frequencies.

And for improved AM reception, the radio is side tuned by 1.2 khz for
improved AM frequency response.

The band edges for the SWL band are stored in the program.  If you are in AM
mode, pressing shift up, will move you to the bottom of the next SWL band.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635