Re: [TenTec] dual receivers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dual receivers
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:12:27 -1000
Hi Rob,

You are correct in saying that an Omni VI does not have dual receivers.
However the VFO memory function of the Omni VI is not limited to single
band. You can have VFO memory A on one band, and VFO memory B on
another. You can operate split, cross band. I suppose I would have to
make some careful observations with a separate receiver to be fully
confident that when operating split crossband there is no chirp or other
kind of artifacts relating to switching between bands, operating split,
with full QSK. The rig will definitely do it.

DE N6KB