Re: [TenTec] dual receive

To: "Gary Tuck" <gtuck@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dual receive
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:56:21 -0500
It appears to me, when I check my Omni VI Plus manual, that you cannot simply
connect the AUX antenna jacks of two OMNI VI Plus radios to get dual RX off of
the main antenna of one of the transceivers......

You could connect both AUX antenna jacks of your OMNI VI's to the same RX only
antenna with a Dow Key relay with external contacts to select which transceiver
will be allowed to transmit into a separate transmit antenna (and / or
amplifier into a transmit antenna). This will give you dual receive audio
capability.

 I can use the AUX antenna jack of my Corsair II with the switch set for an AUX
Receiver and connect it to my OMNI VI Plus's AUX antenna so that both radios
are using the antenna connected to the Corsair II's SO-239 connector for
receive (and Corsair II transmit). I can use a Dow Key relay with external
contacts to switch between the Corsair II or the OMNI VI Plus driving the Titan
425... with the OMNI driving, the Corsair II cannot be used; with the Corsair
II and remote VFO driving the Titan, I have the receive audio of the OMNI VI
Plus VFO A or B and the receive audio of the Corsair II VFO A or B or VFO(s) A
AND B (true dual receive in the Corsair II).

Others may have a better way of getting dual receive when using a Ten-Tec
Transceiver other than the Orions, Corsairs and Omnis (old) with outboard VFOs,
but I believe the Corsair II with VFO provides the most bang for the buck in
true basic dual receive.

73 & DX

Gary - AB9M
www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>