[TenTec] New Orion Owner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New Orion Owner
From: "Mark DeBord" <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:11:25 -0400
Dave,
Congratulations on your new Orion!! This is a reminder of myself last year
at the Ten Tec Hamfest.... I bought one from them but had to wait until
Janurary before I actually got the radio (someone traded in on an Orion II
and I was down the list).

Now a year has gone by and I have had no regrets!! One of the best radios I
have owned and it is a thrill to operate.

As you have mentioned, you have read the postings and I hope you know that
most of the "gripes" are from us who are trying to "fine tune" the rig. With
the latest firmware, it is very close.... I like v1.373b5 (which is actually
beta code that someone posted; sometimes a problem occurs when in CW mode
and you have the sweep going; if you turn the BW, the receiver will
crash...sometimes....) and the latest firmware V2.059d (just a couple or so
of glitches)

I hate you are going to miss the hamfest (one of my favorites and it seems
to grow each year), but maybe next time.

Good luck and I hope to hear you on the air!

73's
Mark KA4ICK
Kingsport, TN