[TenTec] O2 sidetone... RST 599C

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] O2 sidetone... RST 599C
From: "John B. Egger" <john_egger@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 02:00:32 +0000
On occasion (like tonight) my sidetone seems to have a bit of a chirp. A
few days ago I fired up the old Century 21 (no antenna connected) as a
monitor and the signal sounded perfect, much better than the sidetone
coming from the O2' s speaker. At other times the O2's sidetone is clear
as a bell.

I've had this rig just a bit over a week and really like it, but I'm
still way down low on the learning curve. Has anyone else noticed this
sidetone? A search of the archive shows clicks as an occasional
problem... but my sidetone is 599C, not 599K.

--John K3GHH
Registered Linux User #291592