Re: [TenTec] Orion Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Question
From: K9RT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:54:00 EDT
Hello Dave

your concerns to rest.
I bought one and then a second I was so impressed with them. The second was a
bit overboard so will sell one some day but for sure keep one.
Compared to anything I've owned over the past 30+ years, the receiver wins
hands down. And I've owned about everything high end except a IC781 and  7800.
Can't believe the 7800 would be that much better at 4 times the price.

The secret is to play with it awhile. Go back in the archives and you'll find
several very worthwhile recommendations of what settings to start with on all
the parameters, depending whether you're a DXer or a contester.
I printed most of them for myself to refer to and believe me they eliminated
a lot of trial and error time.
I have had mine about 18 months so go back the last 18 mos to 2 years and you
will find many emails with attachments you can download and get a headstart
in setting up your Orion.
Good luck
Dick K9RT