Re: [TenTec] Orion and Soundcard Interface

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and Soundcard Interface
From: <k8jdc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:34:29 -0400
All - I found my problem with the insufficient drive into the Aux port of my
Orion.  At the same time I received my Orion, I also switched computers.
I'm using a Dell Dimension computer and I finally figured out that the rear
audio port is line level output and is way too low to drive the Orion even
with the audio output cranked full-right.  I eventually tried the
front-panel headphone port and it has plenty of drive even with the Aux Gain
set down to about 20 and the computer's audio level turned down a bit.  So,
problem solved.  Just thought I'd post the solution...

73,
Dave / K8JDC