[TenTec] (no subject)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:18:43 +0000
I thought I would pass along a little testamonial on the O2.  I just worked
the ZL8 on 17 meter sideband.  He was completely down in the noise here in 9
land, even with the pre-amp on, and essentially uncopiable.  I kicked in the
noise reduction and slowly turned it up - at setting of 6 he was completely
copiable - a little distorted, but a good q4 or so.  After I worked him I
experimented with NR on and off - he was understandable with it on and barely
detectable wtih it off.  In the past I have never liked NR on sideband because
of the distortion, but tonight made me a believer.

Keith
AC9S