Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ calibration

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ calibration
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:18:57 -0400
Hi Dick,

The answer to your question is yes and no!!

If your dial accuracy is off by 300 hz, then yes, you calibrate the
master oscillator, which is either a TCXO or an oven heated xtal oscillator.

But I assume your talking about on SSB? If so, then you have to
calibrate the BFO frequencies, and there are five of them. The manual
has a step-by-step procedure for doing that. It is, however, time
consuming. For either case, you will need a well calibrated frequency counter.

I have just done this on both of my Omni 6+ rigs and it takes about 2
hours to complete one.

Tom - W4BQF