Re: [TenTec] Vertical radial question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Vertical radial question
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:37:44 -0500
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>

> K0CQ:
> >All this furor over a few percent efficiency change has no effect beyond
> a couple miles that is discernible in the receiver.........
>

>W4ZV:
>         Half a dB here (e.g. ground system) and half a dB
> there (e.g. feed line) adds up...............  For signals
> at that point, 1 dB can make the difference in being heard
> or not.

And for those of us that have spent years  listening on TopBand-----------
0.5 dB makes all the difference in the world sometimes. And for the times it
doesn't work, at least you know you've done all you can.

More work and more wire is fine with me. And most times I'll come out ahead
of the "eazy way outers".
73, John WA4TT