Re: [TenTec] Astron and TenTec rigs (Paragon)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Astron and TenTec rigs (Paragon)
From: "Mary Ann Higgins" <mahiggins@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:03:18 -0500
Geroge : I've heard the switching P.S. from MFJ are good. The
Alinco has a lot of birdies on 160 & 75, but since I don't use
either band it's not problem fer me. My voltage drop on me with the ORION &
RS-35 is from 13.78 to 13.75 @ 100 watts CW . I think a .5 volts is unusual.
My RS-20 is the same with my ts- 2000 @ 100 wattsC.W. The Alinco drops .5-.6
full load. Since my antenna are CLOSE to my shack it has caused me to do
full reset on both the ORION & 2000 when running 500 watts so, I use it fer
portable
Ray Higgins W1JUS.
P.S Thx. fer info on using braid instead of the tiny wire ( Astron uses # 20
) fer the ground.
On 11/5/06, george fritkin <georgefritkin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I use my $4,000.00  ORION ll with the $99.00 MFJ switcher and all is well
> and has been well.  13.6 volts DC is 13.6 DC assuming regulation and
> filtering are there.
>
> George, W6GF

The joy is in the journey...
Mary Ann Higgins