[TenTec] Received cw sigs (2.059)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Received cw sigs (2.059)
From: "Barry Gross" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:29:22 -0500
Has anybody else noticed slight distortion (clipping) on stronger
received cw signals with Orion 2.059?  I tried hard to eliminate the
distortion by adjusting RF versus AF gain and AGC but was
unsuccessful.  Using a new Heil ProSet.  Any suggestions?

Sometimes I wonder, as Duane recently did, whether there might not be
a difference in Orion hardware that could account for the differences
Orion owners are observing with 2.059.  On the other hand, the
receiver gain distribution seems to have changed dramatically in 2.059
and perhaps the level match between dsp and audio chain was different
(better?) in v1.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU