Re: [TenTec] FYI: Inquiry from Batterytender Online

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FYI: Inquiry from Batterytender Online
From: ss409ss@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:04:01 -0500
   You are asking someone who has no concept of what your requirements are.
They may in fact have a product that suits your requirements but they simply
dont know the answer and gave you the generic "no" to avoid any further contact
with you. We as hams run into this alot when using items not designed for
amateur radio in amateur radio. You are better off posting your needs here as
there are plenty of people who run the hercs off of batteries. The battery idea
will work, the chargers vary as most are not designed to be in line with
electronic gear when operating and may trip out, cause noise etc... If one of
these will not work, look towards backup power chargers for sensitive 12v
electronic equipment like repeaters such as UPS systems and some amateur power
supplies set up to charge and float batteries. Richy N2ZD