Re: [TenTec] Shields in Omni VI

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Shields in Omni VI
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:14:52 -0000
Ken,

Gary, W7TEA, kindly sent me a photo of the underside of his early Omni VI+
which has the screening in place. There are no holes in my "inner panel" which
would allow screens to be attached, so this must have been a mod on later Omni
VIs / Omni VI+s.

I have put temporary screens in place but they made no difference!

One final symptom on the "birdies" which totally mystifies me: If I adjust the
PBT control until I hear a birdie, then press the NAR button, the pitch of the
birdie changes by a few hundred Hz; pressing the NAR button again returns it to
its original pitch. I can't see anything on the schematics that would suggest
that the NAR button affects any of the oscillators!

I think I'm just going to have to live with it.

73,
Steve