Re: [TenTec] Hopefully, my Christmas present will be ...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hopefully, my Christmas present will be ...
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:30:29 -0600
> I live in the DFW area and ship UPS thru my local Staples
> store.  Great prices and service...no driving to UPS depots.

I normally just drop off at the local UPS Store after printing my shipping
docs with an on-line UPS account.  But like Staples, the UPS Store is a
franchise operation and employees are not UPS employees. If you ship with a
large declared value, those folks can't actually sign the UPS Shipment
Receipt.   A driver can.  And if you don't have the signed receipt to wave
around, it isn't UPS' problem if the package goes missing.  Not worth the
risk.

They picked it up today.  No crisis :-)

Grant/NQ5T