[TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:42:20 -0500
My Argosy II / Model 225 power supply combo began acting oddly tonight.
On 20 meters and above, the power supply's circuit breaker is tripping
when the rig is keyed -- even when working into a dummy load.  Antenna
connections are fine.  This behavior began tonight -- I've never had it
before and nothing been changed i the station setup..

So, it appears that either the current sensing circuit has gone bad or
the rig really is drawing excess current on the higher bands.  I'm
baffled. I reset the tripping point in the power supply, but that's not
the way to fix this.

Any ideas?

Many thanks and 73,

Craig