Re: [TenTec] OT: DX advice

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: DX advice
From: "John B. Egger" <john_egger@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:32:05 +0000
John B. Egger wrote:

>Sorry for the OT but my rooting around elsewhere has been unsuccessful.
>I'm not much on DX but worked a few in the CQWWDX contest and am trying
>to identify what country some of the stations are in. My January 2005
>ARRL DXCC List leaves me with about 8 unknowns, including an intriguing
>Zone 32 station. QRZ? doesn't list them. Where can I look?

Thanks very much for the suggestions and offers of help! A member of the
group contacted me privately and identified all of my unknowns. (The
Zone 32 was Cook Island, yay!) I'd hoped there was something online that
replicated the identification function of the professional logging programs.

As my signature suggests, I use Linux whenever not actually forced not
to (i.e., at work). I don't quite have Xlog working right yet, or any of
the others. I'd rather put up with some occasional inconvenience ---
such as the rather labor-intensive process of converting a spreadsheet
log into a Cabrillo text file --- than go back to another OS.

--John K3GHH
Registered Linux User #291592