[TenTec] Happier OmniVI owner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Happier OmniVI owner
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:13:28 -0000
I can't fault those folk at Ten-Tec!

Within a few days of e-mailing the Service Department I received a replacement
for the "scratchy" AF/RF control on my recently-acquired OmniVI, together with
a connector for the control input on my HerculesII Amp. It took a couple of
hours yesterday to remove the Omni front-panel and replace the control, and a
further hour to make up a lead to connect the Omni to the Hercules.

I now have a smooth AF gain control, and fully automatic band-changing on the
Hercules. I can almost forget the "birdies" mentioned in earlier postings :)

The Ten-Tec folk also "threw in for free" a couple of new meter bulbs to see if
that would brighten up the display ...... it didn't, but their "customer care"
brightened up my day!!!

73,
Steve G3TXQ