Re: [TenTec] Omni D?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni D?
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:08:58 -0600
Hi fellows:

Thanks for all the replies, here is the latest update. Looks like I am the
second owner of a TENTEC OMNI D series B transceiver.

Just got off the telephone with the gentleman and he is sending it as soon as
he can get another box to but the original box inside
of along with the power supply, so it doesn't get ruined.

I don't have a mic for this rig, or a keyer, but the rig is on its way. He did
verify that he has never used it on CW only Phone and
that it has "very nice audio".

Sending the orig manual (which has a note on front of the manual) that says
"series B".

Guess I will need a keyer, since it doesn't have one internally or I could just
use my old Vibroplex bug.

Kinda scary, I never had one of these before, so don't know what to expect. He
says it is so quiet that it matches a lot of the rigs
today with DSP, but only uses crystal filters.

Says he has put it up against a lot of other "modern" radios and it hears as
good or better in every case.

Guess I will need to get spare tubes and drivers for it.

That is about all I know about it at this point, other than cosmetically
challenged meant it has a number that is partly rubbed off
a little near the upper left corner.

He said he left the plastic on it too long and for some reason when he took it
off it took part of the number off.

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)