Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: FCC ELIMINATES CW EXAM]

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: FCC ELIMINATES CW EXAM]
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:23:30 -0600

>From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
>
> So tell me something:
>
>I am a member of many many lists on Yahoo and have not caught up reading
>all of them today because of this news that the ARRL
>dropped the ball on Amateur Radio again.
>
>Not one response that I read so far, was in favor of this move on any of
>those lists.
>
>So my question is:
>How about we form a League of some kind that will protect and represent our
>interests as LICENSED Amateur Radio Operators?
>
>Sounds like the unlicensed folks have their League already, we just pay for
>it annually.

snip

When CW was droped from the shipping industry and from the military, the hand writing was on the wall. Freight trains are hard to stop

Are you absolutely sure the military doesn't use it? I believe there are elements of the military that still use it. Plus a lot of IDs use it such as the FAA, and ELT etc.

It is a viable mode that will still be used.

What now, USE it, be EXCITED about it, and TEACH it. It will last as a mode
of operation, AM is still here.

Exactly my sentiments. If you believe this is going to clutter up the band with "lids" then stay at the low end and operate CW.
73, KC4ATU

]

> > what a shame

de wd4air